apache manual and content negotiations


Grr, setting up content negotiaion for the apache manual is a pain. Well it really isn't but when I set up apache on my computer I was in a bit of a rush thanks to a ill fated FC3 upgrade, a busted hard disk amd mother board stew. The result was that I didn't do it right the first time as I should have. That in turn meant, when ever I wanted to read the manual I had to do it online, instead of reading the local copy.

Finally I got fed up with it and decided to try to 'fix' the manual. A task that again calls for bit of RTFM, but there is always more than one way to skin a cat. If you are also facing the same problem try this few lines of PHP:


$files = split("n",`find . -name '*.html.en'`);

foreach($files as $file)


$f2 = str_replace('.html.en','.html',$file);

`mv $file $f2`;



Hey presto all the html.en files becomes .html and the problem disappers.

comments powered by Disqus